Thursday, March 14, 2013

leading up to 20

Olivia came to New York a couple weeks ago and we spent an evening together. It was good to see a familiar face. We have a lot in common-- not just in interests but choices we've made. The both of us left our hometown for a big city and are learning to adapt to a new place. She's one of my favorite people from Indiana, and someone I wish I could see more often, so even hanging out with her for three hours made all the difference.
 I went to a taping of the Daily Show (Neil deGrasse Tyson was the guest...what a dream) with Celine. On the way there, we saw this beautiful statue of the Virgin Mary in someone's yard.
I turned 20 on March 11th. Brendan and I have the same birthday so we hung out from 11:45pm on March 10th to 1:30am on March 11th and listened to music and played songs. Palmer and Elaine had cupcakes for us a midnight which was really the nicest, sweetest surprise.
Here is me on the last day of being 19. I look sad but I was really just tired because it was the Sunday before midterm week and I had been studying a lot. I'm also wearing a Widowspeak shirt. They are a great band and you should listen to them.

and here is me in a different bathroom as a 20 year old. I bought myself a camo shirt as a present.
Bea and I went to lunch on my birthday. I had blueberry pancakes and one egg, sunny side up. They were both great.

Despite exams and everything, things have been quite nice. I am leaving for LA on Saturday and I am beyond excited to adventure and photograph there.

No comments:

Post a Comment